Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Giving Thanks!


 I have so many great things in my life that I can't even name them all.  This year especially, I have been overwhelmed with blessings! Living in gratitude changes everything and I feel this holiday is a good reminder for us all to be reflective and realize just what we have.

I am grateful to have the opportunity to raise my own kids the way that I want to.  Being a stay at home mom is not an option for everyone, and even though it isn't easy, I love it and wouldn't trade these years for anything. Because I'm at home we can do things like make miniature gingerbread houses after school... just because!




I am thankful for my boys. All of them. It is such a gift to watch them grow and see them bloom into these amazing personalities. Elijah has a very special love for his newest little brother that just melts my heart every time I see him share a little extra care. He is the first one to run to his side when he cries. He pats his belly and uses his "baby talk" voice to try and calm him down. Every morning and night, both big brothers have to give William a hug and kiss, saying either "good morning" or "good night!" They are so sweet!




Okay... so William's smile alone just makes my day! He is such a joy, and every time I look at him, snuggle him, or kiss his sweet chubby cheeks, I am reminded of God's plan for my life.  We chose "Jude" as William's middle name because it means "Praise" or "Thankfulness" so that we will always be reminded to thank God for our children.  They are his praise and our joy!



I wish I had the time to share all of the things I am thankful for. Most of all I am thankful for God's grace and His promises! Thank Him for his indescribable love! When I look at my sleeping baby, I think I might burst, this must be a small fraction of the way God feels about us, his children!

No comments:

Post a Comment