Saturday, June 29, 2013

Time to Hero UP!

        I never would have guessed that I would know all the names of nearly every superhero, what they do, what weapons they use, and even which villain they are most evenly matched with. I even know how to pronounce Mjolnir. And if you are as cool as me, you would know I am referring to Thor's Mighty Hammer, of course!  Over the passed two years, as my boys have reached the target superhero age, my knowledge and their interest has exploded! And honestly, I've been loving it. I know I was meant to have boys, if not for this alone!
     Needless to say, Monday kicked off our terrific SUPERHERO WEEK! It wasn't hard finding things to do related to superheroes! Many of the boys' things are already some sort of hero.  Along with all of our activities, I thought it was also important to talk about some superhero qualities and characteristics. What makes a superhero a true hero? Are there real live superheroes? Yes... superheroes do exist and you can be one too. All it takes is a generous amount of courage, selflessness, and the will to fight for true honor and justice. These are noteworthy things, of course and why we all really love a hero.

Here are my little heroes in action...




I was thrilled to find matching superhero shirts at Target for $2!!!

Owen doing his: Hulk Smash! (yes we made this mask... out of foam)

We made quite a few of these stick puppet heroes and put on a show using last week's dilapidated cardboard rocket.



I love the way they play! This video of Owen using his puppets makes me smile! They are so cute!

New superhero outfits from Grandma!


Superhero puzzles!

Superhero stickerbook! Owen loved just looking through this at all of the heroes!


Ironman and Captain American paraded the neighborhood!

Painting projects... Elijah made this jet and painted it.

These painted cans are going to be a windchime when all put together.




Elijah and I worked together to make some hero symbols out of a craft media called "bendaroos"

No-sew Hero Capes!


These are just men's t-shirts with the front and arms cut off! Elijah used the leftover arms to put on his head and his legs! Silly boy!!!

William got to be included for this one! Super-baby!



I loved this... Owen lifted up William's cape and said, "Look mom, he's flying!"
My little hero's and I spent a great week together getting in touch with our brave side.  There's never been a better time to be a superhero! (And I have three all to myself!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment