Friday, November 5, 2010

A Bummed Birthday Weekend

It's friday, yay, right? I mean that's probably what you are thinking. I however, have a long and most likely boring, lonely weekend ahead of me. Martin is working the graveyard shift all weekend long, and to make matters worse, it's my birthday weekend. I know, I know, I'm a grown up. I'm not suppose to care that it's my birthday and all of that. But I do. I'm still a kid at heart who looks forward to it all year in hopes that something special will happen. Maybe there will be a solar eclipse at exactly the moment that I wasw born and they'll name it after me, you know just something simple like that.
So I'm a little bummed, and there's no one to blame. That is the absolute worst. It would be so much easier if I could say, someone did this on purpose just so I would have a lousy birthday! But no one did, and it probably won't be lousy any ways. Even though Martin has to work, he'll still probably do something for me, ya know because he loves me and all that mushy kind of stuff. He'll probably look at me with those sparkly green eyes of his, and tell me something lovely that will make my day and surprise me with something I never expected.
I already kind of ruined a birthday gift he had planned for me, well it wasn't really my fault. As some of you might know, "Beauty and the Beast" was recently released. It happens to be my favorite Disney movie of all time. So when I saw that it was coming out, I went a little crazy, he would in no way miss that this is what I wanted for my birthday. Even Elijah got the message and reminded him when we saw it at Walmart. I did however realize after I had made this big deal about wanting the movie, that my sister would know even without any mention of it that I would want it. She did, and even sent it to me early for my birthday. Well, Martin had also already bought for me... oops. So we returned the one he bought, which I feel a little responsible for, since he might not have gotten it had I not made such a big del about it.
Anyways... I've decided that I'm going to save it to watch all by myself for my birthday. After the boys are asleep I'll put it in and sit back.
Happy Birthday-Me!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! Beauty and the Beast is also my favorite, and I'm so psyched that it's out on DVD! I keep trying to tell myself to wait for Christmas, but I'm so scared that I won't get it, I'm tempted to make a preemptive strike!

    Happy Birthday, dear Kelly. You are wonderful, and the world got richer the day you entered it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my favorite movies, too. Julianna is getting it for Christmas.

    Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got two copies of that movie for my eighth birthday because I made such a big deal about it. :) It's still my favorite. I'll be all alone this weekend too, so I maybe I can watch the movie with you. I think a phone call might be in order as well. (Your card is on it's way but I couldn't get to the post office until the 3rd, so it's going to be late.) Miss you friend! Happy Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete