Monday, May 23, 2011

Off to see the Baby!

What a beautiful day! I can see real bumblebees outside my window doing their tedious job- amazing! Did you know, scientifically speaking bumblebees shouldn't be able to fly? Their wings are too small for their large fuzzy bodies, and yet here they are a miracle right in my very own yard!

I'm leaving in only a few short hours to see the newest little miracle that joined our family nearly three weeks ago... my nephew - Xavier! I'll be staying with my sister for nine whole days helping with the new baby, entertaining her two year old, and probably doing some cooking etc. I'm so excited about the trip!

It will be hard to be away from my own little ones, since I've never been away this long before. They don't quite understand that mommy is going my herself to visit aunt Jenny and cousins, but they will be in good hands. I know they have needed some daddy time, so this will be the perfect opportunity for just the boys to do some stuff together.

Today I have let a few things slide that I usually don't -all just because I'm going to miss them. Why not let Owen skip nap-time and soak in some extra sunshine? Vanilla pudding for lunch? okay. This morning I snuggled with my two year old baby while we watched sesame street. He actually wanted to sit on my lap! Why not...

Right now the two of them are playing outside (and no one is even screaming or snatching toys)! Elijah is showing Owen how to skip and teaching him about bugs. They really are the best of brothers. It always amazes me how they work so well together. Usually Elijah is the leader, being the oldest, but every once in a while Owen will decide they ought to do things his way. Earlier they were playing "follow the leader," and doing a pretty good job of it. At two and four, that's pretty impressive! They are both in the common phase of "watch me!" And I love that God has given me that as my job, simply to "watch" them.

I will miss my kind-hearted boys, their curiosity, their silliness, and their hugs.

Wish me luck...
I'm on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment