Thursday, April 15, 2010

An unexpected Package

Many of you know that I spent a month jump-starting my goal to become healthy and fit. Now I am proudly working out every other day! I'm actually sticking to it! You might also be aware of my incredibly sweet husband. The following has the possibility of making you extremely envious (unless of course you too have a husband who continues to court you). I'm not telling you this to purposely make you wish your husband did things like this... In fact I honestly and whole-heartedly hope that he does. Because these are the moments that make us stop in our tracks, make us sigh with assurance, and hold on to for a long, long time.

This afternoon the doorbell rang. This is going to sound silly- but I'm in the habit of using the bathroom with the door open. I feel like that way I can still keep an understanding of what is happening with my kids. So I'm sitting on the toilet thinking, "who would be ringing the doorbell in the middle of the day?" My mind immediately thinks for some reason Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses, and I make an effort to close the bathroom door quickly because I hear Martin rush to the front door answer it. That could have been a very uncomfortable situation.
After coming out of the bathroom, I ask Martin, "So who was at the door?"
"Come and see," he says, "I've been waiting for this!"
So by this point I knew it had not been the Jehovah's Witnesses or the Mormons, but some kind of package that had been delivered. Of course, why hadn't I thought of that? A large soft envelope was now on our dining room table. What could it be? At first I immediately assumed it was another book for the classes that he's been taking, then I noticed two letters in the top left hand corner that gave it all away: VS.
Meaning: Victoria's Secret... now before you get any ideas... It was nothing like what you may be thinking. No lingerie or sexy, sexy things. I ripped open the envelope to find the most flattering, fun sports bra I had ever seen in a bright reddish-pink. Along with the bra, were three fitness tanks, one plum, one jade, and one grey!
And this is what he said, "I am so proud of you for sticking with your work-out plan and wanted you to have something nice as a reward. These will look great on you!"
Wow, right?! I mean first of all he did this without me knowing. Secondly, he got my size right... which is amazing all on its own, and thirdly it made me feel on top of the world! He really loves me, more than I deserve, more than I could ever ask for. He's my penguin, my match, my best friend!
I just had to share my happy moment with all of you. I hope that you have many of these moments too. Now I have the perfect thing to wear for Sunday's "Race For The Cure!" What could be more perfect than a bright pink sports bra under that grey tank?

2 comments:

  1. How sweet. How thoughtful. How Martin!

    Way to go on sticking to your fitness goals...you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super sweet. Three cheers for good husbands!!!

    ReplyDelete