Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Baby Ready

                                               Lots of Kicks happening in here!


Today I feel so full of joy.  I'm actually excited about changing William's itty bitty diapers that I have all lined up in the diaper organizer in his closet.  Six weeks seems like too long to wait for him.  I feel as if I know him already like holding him is only moments away, not weeks.  He had the hiccups last night, and the constant bump-bump of my tummy just made me smile with such joy.  He's a real little person in there doing real things all day long.  It is so amazing! I keep trying to catch him on video moving because someone told me that when I'm not pregnant anymore I will miss watching him in this special way.  Of course every time I turn on the camera, he pretends to be shy and keeps completely still.  He is definitely my boy! Today I finally caught him... for a few seconds my belly bulged and rippled from his movements.

We got the changing table moved into his room today after I cleaned it out and wiped it down.  Elijah had been using it for his dresser, and it also had purple crayon all over the inside which he helped me scrub off today! He hung a toy organizer behind the door.  And I had Elijah help me move the glider chair back in the baby room because I just couldn't wait for Martin to get home to do it.  I also set up a diaper changing station in my bedroom, where he will be sleeping, for those middle of the night changes.

One of the things I decided to do this time around is making a double or triple recipe once a week or so for dinner, and freezing the extras.  Tonight I made chicken and green chile burritos. We ate seven of them for dinner, I froze fifteen individually, and turned the rest into two casserole pans of enchilada style dishes  and popped those in the freezer as well.  I'm planning to do meatloaf this way, and also some snack type things like muffins or breads.

If the heat doesn't kill me, I'll keep on cooking, but it sure is getting tough! We've had a few days in a row now over ninety!  I"m more of a 70-degree type of girl, so it's going to be a long six weeks! Yesterday I couldn't bring myself to turn on the stove until after nine when I boiled an artichoke and ate the whole thing myself while watching a movie.  I also made homemade lemonade... yum! That is always awesome on a hot day/night.  I was actually tempted to sit in the kids little pool with them yesterday.  They have spent every day in some kind of water whether the water park, or sprinklers, or kiddy pool in the backyard.  Today we actually ran out of sunscreen, so I wouldn't let them stay outside until we bought some more!



 Here's the video of William moving... the boys are playing cars in the background, you'll hear them. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for sharing that with us!! It makes me miss you so much though! I wish I could be there to feel him moving and share in your pregnancy with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you! It's such a blessing to have those extra meals in the freezer. Not only is it easy, it's familiar, and with feeding little ones that's always a help. I did a lot of freezer meals and snacks before the birth of my third little boy and it was really nice! =)

    ReplyDelete