Saturday, July 28, 2012

DIY Kid's Dresser!



So, here is the dresser we started with (above), minus the top drawer which I was working on and the drawer pulls that we already removed.  We paid $30 for it from a yard sale, and put an additional $35 in to fixing it up. We sanded, painted, replaced all of the bottom boards on each drawer to make them more sturdy, and as you can see... I had a little fun with the fronts of each of them too!  I used colored paper and Mod Podged each one, then made some accent pieces for some of them, also with paper and Mod Podge! We also filled the holes where the original drawer pulls went and drilled new holes in the center of each so that we could use simple single drawer pulls.





Here is the finished project!  It is going to look so cute in my boys room (which has a slight "rocket theme).  The top drawer, which I should have taken a close up of, has little trucks, planes, boats, and rockets on it, but it is hard to tell.



here is a side view.


An "e" for my oldest son Elijah, this will be his drawer


I used the same paper from the top drawer to make these letters!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You did an amazing job! Wish I lived closer so we could work on crafty projects together!

    ReplyDelete