Sunday, July 29, 2012

Baby William's Room!

William's baby room is finally finished!  It's just crying out for the only thing missing... him!  I can't wait until he completes the room! I never got to do this for my other two boys, so it is really special being able to decorate and really make a place for him.
As you can see, the colors are dark brown and blue mostly.  Martin made that high shelf for all of his books and little keepsakes.  I made the mobile hanging above the crib, which has birds, a cloud, a sunshine, and a hot air balloon with his initial.



The rocker was my surprise gift when I came home from the hospital with our first baby, Elijah nearly six years ago! It's still in great condition!  The crib was Owen's, but he is now sleeping on the bottom bunk of the big boy bunk bed! The navy blue blanket on the rocker was knitted by Linda Bruner, and I just love it! It is so soft and cuddly!
It's all pretty simple, but I love it.  It makes me feel so happy and calm when I am in this room.  Even just seeing the door open a little from the living room, makes me smile.  The shelf next to the crib is mostly for blankets and things that he won't be able to mess up in case he ends up grabbing them later on. The blue basket has rolled up swaddle blankets in it, that I just can't wait to use.  they are the perfect size and made out of a really soft, breathable fabric.
You may not be able to see the air plane on the wall next to the window, but it is really cute.  It's made out of wire and dyed blue and greenish nylon.  I thought it mad ea sweet accent.

The curtains are also hard to see in the pic (sorry), they are sort of the inspiration for the entire room.  My mom made them out of this fabric that I love.  They have the same color of blue as the walls, but in a damask sort of pattern. Brown ribbon loops hold them onto the curtain rod.

This is the framed scrapbook page that I made of his name that you see on the wall above the crib. The brown decorative pieces will be spots to fill in his date of birth, weight, length, and time of birth. And of course I left a spot for a picture!

It's hard to make out the middle name in this picture, but in case you didn't know we have chosen: William Jude for our little guy. (Jude -meaning- Praise- which we thought was perfect)!





I made the jar book ends by painting the metal and adding the painted accent on the glass fronts. the other one is brown. then I filled them both with glass accent beads. I also loved the brown "W" next to it!
This is the changing table (Elijah had been using it for a dresser until a couple weeks ago). I thought it a good idea to place it near the window... ha ha. That blue thing is a hamper, my mom got it for me when Jenny, my sister realized I didn't have one and was planning on throwing his clothes in with the mounds of other laundry I already do. 
And of course, there is his cute little bouncy chair, which I plan on taking all over the house depending on where I need him to be!



That's pretty much the grand tour of the nursery! Hope you all enjoyed it!
His cuddly friends waiting for him! My favorite is the little blue elephant (he's from a collection called "the blue nose friends)!  So cute!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful nursery! I love all the little touches you added to it to make it personal. You and Martin did a wonderful job! I can't wait to have a place of our own so I can finally decorate Elaina's room! You can come help me since you have such an eye for decor!

    ReplyDelete