Wednesday, August 6, 2014

An Allergy Update

I just wanted to give an update after my very long vent session about how hard all of this allergy stuff  with little William has been on me.  There have been lots of positives this week, which I am choosing to focus on. We haven't had to pull over and wrap bloody legs! Score! We are still doing the tube socks, but it has been a little less excessively (he's been keeping them off during the day for playtime and mealtimes, and has done good).
Night time is still a toss up. Will he sleep, should I go back in there? Does he have the socks off? Usually when I go in there after he has been crying, he is sitting up in his crib scratching his legs. I'll say something like, "did you take you socks off," and he's nod and say, "mmhhmm," and point to where he's stashed them between the side of the crib and the wall.
Last night was a long night of this, going back in, coaxing him with water sips and rocking. He was up too late! Before him, and even now, I believe 7pm is a good bedtime. Kids do a lot of important development while they're snoozing! So when it takes until 9 or 10, I am aching for both of us! I know he needs the sleep desperately, and I need a break!
Tonight went much better than last night. I have been slathering him up after his last diaper change of the night with coconut oil and lavender essential oil.  I also got him some new jammies (new to him... $1 sale on toddler clothes at the thrift store- jackpot)! It is important to have the right kind of jammies to prevent itching. They need to cover everything, but also not be too warm for summer. So, tonight he has on some cotton full-body suit jammies, but without the footies, so I did put socks on him. His feet are really the only part on him right now that are still intensely irritated. Everywhere else has really cleared up! I was so proud of how well his back has cleared up, I had to show daddy at bedtime and we kissed his perfect skin!
On the whole, things are looking up. I still worry. A lot. But I am desperately trying to be positive. One day at a time, that is what I can conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment