Saturday, August 23, 2014

William's 2nd Birthday!



Two. TWO! Newborn to two is like a whirlwind of survival mode to relying on coffee to give you the energy you need to chase the piles of disaster around your house made by a little person with a short attention span.  People used to say "Those Terrible Twos," but there are so many things I love about two. Two is the time for exploring, acquiring some independence, yet mommy and daddy are still their whole world. 
I love that he stops his play to come "check on me." sometimes it's just for a hug, other times he wants a snack, or some other thing. The great thing about being a stay at home mom is, I can actually just play with him! I love that! I'm pretty chill about letting the house get messy. It's a lot more fun to sit and put together a train track so we can watch the little train go around, and hear the squeals of pure joy!
I love the adventure of this age. Trying new things are around every corner. Discovery and surprises. The simplicity of the freedom to run! the fresh air blowing in your your hair, which William actually gets concerned about.  We have a lot of wind here, and whenever we go outside, he looks around and points to his hair, like what is making my hair move? I love the curiosity, the possibilities, the simple enjoyment of something good. 
I guess those baby days are over for good! It makes me think of that book Love You Forever. We read it almost every night, if not more. "That baby grew and he grew and he grew. He grew until he was two years old...." Then it talks about all the naughty things the little two year old does, and the mom says, "This kid is driving me crazy!" But at night, she rocks him and sings the song Love you Forever. 
Sometimes I feel like the mom in this book. If you can make it through the day, they all look like angels when they are sleeping. Ha ha ha. 
...As long as I'm living my baby he'll be.

Happy 2nd Birthday Will!
















William loved his cake!!!
He was so surprised I think that he actually got to have some cake!!! With all of his allergies, he really hasn't had very many things like this!
I loved William's reaction to the HUGE dragon Grandma and Papa got him for his birthday!!! He talks to it, feeds it. I'm not sure if he knows it's not real!
He also got a new Dr. Suess Book and the animal that goes with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment