Tuesday, September 2, 2014

September Changes





Goodbye Summer! Hello rhythm and routine! September is here, and for us that means the steady, sometimes chaotic pace of school begins! Today was Elijah and Owen's first day of school. Owen started kindergarten (sigh), and Elijah began second grade! They are both still at an age where this is as good as it gets! School is fun and exciting and they are eager to soak it up, every single ounce!

I like the change of pace. We've been very relaxed all Summer (duh, that's what Summer is for)!By the time September rolls around, I am anxious for structure! Morning routine charts, After school, and bedtime routine charts are in place! It feels good to follow a schedule again, and the boys really do well making their check-marks on their charts! Elijah especially loves seeing what he's done and what he still has left to accomplish. 

This time of year, more than any other, makes me think of my own changes and person goals. Some people do the traditional January new year resolutions, but to me it seems more natural now to make new goals when the year actually has it's biggest transition. For us that is when the school year begins. It has me thinking of what I want to do in the coming year.

The other reason I am thinking about changes and goals is that my 30th birthday is about one year away (and a couple months). I thought it would be fun and motivational to set a goal to achieve before then, or maybe a whole list.
For now here is what I have come up with:

I have always wanted to write a book, and I have worked a few ideas over the years. This summer, an idea stuck with me, and I would really like to see it to the end. My goal is to get the entire rough draft completed before my 30th!

Goal number two is to lose 30 pounds by my 30th!

If it comes down to choosing one over the other... I'm going to choose the book! Wish me luck as we embark on many adventures with this new school year!


Before we did hair cuts!

This mini chef made tacos for dinner tonight! He even cooked the meat!




No comments:

Post a Comment