Tuesday, February 14, 2012

An Afternoon Nap... and ramblings

I can't believe both of my boys are asleep right now... at the same time in the middle of the afternoon. On this rare occasion I feel like I should be doing something more valuable than blogging and looking around online. Elijah almost never takes a nap. Valentines Day at school must have really worn him out. I had a special bear sent to him with candy and a note and he is cuddled up with it on the couch asleep. I found him that way after I had put Owen down for his nap.


It's a nice break. I haven't even made lunch yet, which reminds me there is nothing to eat anyways. I'm in some kind of weird cycle. We have no ingredients to make anything, yet going to the grocery store feels overwhelming right now, so I keep putting it off, maybe grabbing something here or there or eating out. Not good. I know. I need some real food. Today I was wishing Jamba Juice had a drive through. Who really wants to lug two kids inside for a smoothie which they will probably beg for as well? Plus Owen had already fallen asleep in the car before we got home. Uhg. I didn't realize it was going to be so challenging being pregnant the third time around.

Everyone knows the first time is pretty easy. You have no one to worry about except for yourself. You can eat right, rest, and do all of those "by the book" sort of things. For me, baby number two was more challenging of course because I had a toddler to take care of and resting only happened when Sesame Street or other cartoons were on. But still no one was in school yet, and I stayed home all day long. Now things are drastically different. On school days, which I've now limited to three days a week since I just couldn't handle it and it's only pre-school, we are here and there and the morning feels so exhausting. This morning I cried so much I didn't think I would make it out the door. I don't remember being this emotional the last time. I'm also at that weird stage where I don't look pregnant yet, just chubby. Really, it's not belly people, it's baby! Then again, I haven't exactly refused cookies, cake or ice cream recently.

Thursday is my first appointment with my midwife! yahoo! I can't wait to see her again. She delivered Owen and I had a great experience. Now I'm about 12 weeks and ready to hear this little ones heartbeat!

2 comments:

  1. I remember those days, Kelly. Those days when it feels like you can't take another step physically or emotionally. But this, too, shall pass. Elijah and Owen and the little one on the way are blessed to have you for their mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement. It's nice to know I'm not alone in these feelings!

    ReplyDelete