Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Get the Sensation: March Madness- Day 3

My MARCH MADNESS Challenge:
To work out every weeknight in March and burn some major calories to sculpt my mommy body into something desirable.

It's day three and I'm feeling pretty good. Obviously not a lot has changed on the outside... but surprisingly, I've noticed some differences on the inside. I am constantly taking captive my thoughts about the wrong kinds of foods. I didn't realize before how much I crave sugary things, and also how often I eat when I'm not really hungry. While sitting on the couch watching a favorite show, I can't help think about something munchy to pop in to my mouth. The solution- sugar snap peas. They are crunchy and virtually free of calories... not to mention their surprisingly sweet taste.
My other little rescue weapons are York peppermint patties! Mmm! I allow myself two per day, and they are totally satisfying. They take care of the chocolate craving with minimal fat, and boy do I "get the sensation!" That melt in your mouth creamy mint patty covered in dark decadent chocolate frees me from the insanity I would otherwise face had I chose to attempt this quest without them.
I also rewarded myself today by purchasing a new sports bra! Yay! There's nothing better than feeling supported when you work out! Can't wait to use it... and the stability roller I couldn't pass up. It's suppose to help tone my abs, which will be great once I can find them!
Today is another great day to work out and feel great! And Get the Sensation... in every way possible!

1 comment:

  1. You make me smile! You're doing great! I too really struggle with craving sweets. I've been sneaking a couple small candies each day, or a spoonful of cool whip (it's very low in calories since it's mostly air), or I'll have a small glass of ovaltine (chocolate milk) to satisfy that sweet tooth. However, I have yet begun to work out. I have a love/hate relationship with exercise. Keep up the good work! Maybe I can steal a little of your motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete