Monday, March 1, 2010

March Madness: Day One

Today has been a busy day, and I haven't even gotten to my work-out yet. I plan to do that immediately after I am done here.
This morning I went to the grocery store alone. That in itself was like a fantasy. It's amazing to actually get everything thing on the list, not to mention an experience without screaming and constantly hearing myself say, "don't do that," or "stop bothering your brother!" It was early enough that there were few shoppers out. I could think clearly to myself, and more importantly, I could actually hear myself think! Excited for this commitment to health and changing my body this month (My March Madness) I cheerfully loaded the cart with all things colorful from the produce department, as well as various other hearty foods. When I got to the check-out counter I realized all I had to do was stand there and wait for the checker to scan my items. This hasn't happened to me in a LONG time. Usually this segment of time... the waiting in line part... is pure torture due to my bouncy I have to touch everything three year old. I felt so proud wheeling my cart out to the car, and for the first time in months, I even remembered to use the reusable bags!
While my trip to the store was successful, back at home I had expected my husband to put my one year old, Owen down for his morning nap so that he would be alert for a morning appointment. I even set a timer so he wouldn't have to remember on his own, but I came home to what you might imagine a house full of boys would look and sound like. No, Owen did not get his nap, but as usual I told myself it would work itself out. His appointment went well, but yes he fell asleep on the way home, which if you know anything about nap schedules... falling asleep in the car is a complete catastrophe. However, I chose to simply look back at my precious baby and admire him all the way home, knowing full well the challenge awaiting us as soon as the car stopped moving and sat parked in the driveway. Of course he did wake up, but surprisingly I as able to lie him down with ease. The factor I didn't figure in was his older brother who just got a new kangaroo climber that is set up in the living room. Owen shortly woke up due to the load banging on the little blue slide, but I'm not complaining.
My days are always crazy, and unpredictable. No matter how hard I try to plan things out, or time it all just right, something always takes me by surprise. Sometimes they are good surprises and sometimes it's things like cleaning two boys bottoms when I expected to only have to clean one. (still working on the potty training). Good and bad just go hand in hand I suppose; I'll take it that way.
Note: If you too are on a quest to re-shape your body, try to surround yourself with positive people. I also learned a small lesson today about sharing too much indirect info. with my son. I was looking in the mirror and complaining that I need to get rid of my belly. Well all day he kept reminding me of that. He kept saying, "mommy you need to get rid of that belly!" I know it's my own fault, but no one wants to hear that! So lesson learned I will be careful what I say out loud!

No comments:

Post a Comment