Monday, March 22, 2010

My Favorite (mostly healthy) Snacks...

Here are some of My favorite snacks and foods I have recently become very attached too. The above is a picture of a snack/trail mix that I just can't get enough of. One of my favorite things in it are the dried cherries; it also has raisins, yogurt raisins, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, almonds, peanuts, dried fruit, soy nuts, and probably a few other things! It is yummy! I mix a few things from the bulk health food section of fred meyer. Hope you enjoy the rest of my fav. healthy snacks!
Wheat thins are the perfect snack when paired with string cheese! Mmm... I usually get the reduced fat kind, but the hubby forgot when he picked these up. This is a daily snack for me!


When I found this specific brand of chai in this liquid form that you store in the refrigerator- it changed my life! I drink it hot in the morning, pretty much every morning- mixed with milk. Then for a super awesome twist I pour this magical drink into silicone ice cube trays and freeze. Sometimes in the afternoon or evenings when my boys are asleep, I make myself a special blended chai by processing the chai ice cubes in a cup of milk with my hand mixer. It is SO good. My favorite drink ever! It may even be better than coffee! maybe.




I first tried this soup at my mom's house. And honestly I'm not a big soup fan, but this is GOOD! My favorite way to have it is with actual chunks of roasted red pepper mixed in and topped with Parmesan cheese. I also love the easy store container and that I can heat one bowl portions at a time.



These are the best fruit bars ever! You can find them at Target and they are 100% fruit and have very few calories. (yet they hit the sweet craving too)! They are perfectly paired with raw almonds (as you can see in the next picture- don't you just want to eat that snack right now?) or great cut up and put in your morning cereal. I love having a few stored in my purse for me and my boys when we are on the go.




There are other flavors of course, but this pomegranate one is my favorite!
Let me know what some of your favorite snacks are and try some of mine. I like to try new things... things that I might not have ever thought of before or seen. Hope you will like some of my favorites!








No comments:

Post a Comment